As part off Switch Off Fortnight we have decided to have a No Electricity morning to save energy and money.
No Electricity Morning is on Wednesday 29th November 2017
We would like everyone to join in at school and at home. Here are some things that you could do:
- If you are cold, wrap yourself up in a snuggly blanket or put on a jumper
- Keep lights switched off unless they are really needed
- Don’t leave electrical devices on standby as this still uses power. Switch them off at the plug!
- Take a device off charge once it has reached 100% as it will still be using power.
- Put a lid on the pan when cooking as it will boil quicker.
- When buying a new electrical appliance, choose an energy efficient model.
- Try playing a board game or reading a book instead of using electrical devices.